Open TigerLinks

Sorry, but F*@k Penny
Bookmark and Share
Alcalde2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mem
Sorry, but F*@k Penny
This isnt the game to F around.

We had a lead and FAU shooting terrible. This IS NOT the game to play Brown significant minutes. Its 4 vs 5 with him in the game.

Then he puts in Cooper and Young in alongside him. THAT is the reason we spotted UAB a 22 point lead. Not even the 2008 team is good enough to overcome 22 down on the road at FAU this year.

He just never learns. I think Penny is a good coach in many facets of the game, but he uses his personnel worse than any coach in D1 history and its not even close
03-09-2024 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fluke Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Sorry, but F*@k Penny
Brah
03-09-2024 12:48 PM
MemTiger90 Offline
All American

A Cooper, Young, Jayden, Brown line-up is pretty unforgivable
03-09-2024 12:53 PM
Gusrob2.0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: My Alma Mater - MEMPHIS
Quinerly looks awful. He’s trying to find a mix that wants it.

Penny is as pissed as we are.
03-09-2024 12:55 PM
Fluke Offline
1st String

Jayden did fine this time. Problem is without dandridge and mills we basically only go 5 deep. Who are you gonna play? The starters have to get some rest and quinnerly had picked up a second foul and was doing dumb ****. I don’t like some of these lineups either tbh but at this point we don’t even really have anything good to choose from on the bench. Only thing that’s gave us any chance at all this season is nabbing Tomlin.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2024 12:58 PM by Fluke.)
03-09-2024 12:56 PM
tiger-viper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Penny gonna Penny.
03-09-2024 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Alcalde2 Offline
1st String

(03-09-2024 12:56 PM)Fluke Wrote:  Jayden did fine this time. Problem is without dandridge and mills we basically only go 5 deep. Who are you gonna play? The starters have to get some rest and quinnerly had picked up a second foul and was doing dumb ****. I don’t like some of these lineups either tbh but at this point we don’t even really have anything good to choose from on the bench. Only thing that’s gave us any chance at all this season is nabbing Tomlin.

Carl Cherenfant HAS to be better than Brown. The worst player among the members of this board has to be better than Brown.

Sub 1 in at a time to give a player rest or a talk about effort... but there is no excuse to install the same lineup that gave UAB the huge lead.
03-09-2024 01:05 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
I do not remember a bigger disappointment than Jordan Brown.
03-09-2024 01:07 PM
Gusrob2.0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: My Alma Mater - MEMPHIS
(03-09-2024 01:07 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  I do not remember a bigger disappointment than Jordan Brown.

Agree
03-09-2024 01:35 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2024 12:56 PM)Fluke Wrote:  Jayden did fine this time. Problem is without dandridge and mills we basically only go 5 deep. Who are you gonna play? The starters have to get some rest and quinnerly had picked up a second foul and was doing dumb ****. I don’t like some of these lineups either tbh but at this point we don’t even really have anything good to choose from on the bench. Only thing that’s gave us any chance at all this season is nabbing Tomlin.

Be smart with the subbing. A lineup of Young, Brown, Cooper, Jaden and only 1 starter is a recipe for disaster. Gotta keep 3 starters in most times. We don’t have enough depth of talent to fool around with lineups.
03-09-2024 01:37 PM
Alcalde2 Offline
1st String

(03-09-2024 01:37 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

Be smart with the subbing. A lineup of Young, Brown, Cooper, Jaden and only 1 starter is a recipe for disaster. Gotta keep 3 starters in most times. We don’t have enough depth of talent to fool around with lineups.

100%. We were up 5 or 6 in the 1st half when we started that mess and giftwrapped FAU confidence and momentum with that lineup
03-09-2024 01:47 PM
Advertisement

mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
Accept reality. This team is flawed and Penny can't hide it all the time. FAU has a really good big white dude that we have no counter for. It is what it is. On average, the better team will prevail and we are an average team.

Quit gripping and accept our position in the pecking order.

There is always next year...
03-09-2024 01:50 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2024 01:47 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  
(03-09-2024 01:37 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  

100%. We were up 5 or 6 in the 1st half when we started that mess and giftwrapped FAU confidence and momentum with that lineup

The margin of error is thin in high stakes games such as today. Penny still hasn’t learned when to reign in the crazy substitutions. There’s a time and place for that but that wasn’t today.
03-09-2024 01:50 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers
He was just trying to keep Tomlin from fouling out. Brown was nothing more than 250+ lbs of 5 fouls. Jourdain is so soft he was getting pushed around like a rag doll. Brown sucks but without Malco he’s our only beef down low.
03-09-2024 02:13 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
(03-09-2024 01:35 PM)Gusrob2.0 Wrote:  
(03-09-2024 01:07 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  I do not remember a bigger disappointment than Jordan Brown.

Agree

Even Todd Mundt was better.
03-09-2024 02:15 PM
mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

OP ... breathe. Our team is severely flawed. Jourdain and Brown couldn't do jack. Anyways, it was always gonna be AAC championship or bust.
03-09-2024 02:15 PM
Advertisement

tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2024 02:13 PM)true_blue_thru_and_thru Wrote:  He was just trying to keep Tomlin from fouling out. Brown was nothing more than 250+ lbs of 5 fouls. Jourdain is so soft he was getting pushed around like a rag doll. Brown sucks but without Malco he’s our only beef down low.

Tomlin and Jourdain both had only 1 foul in the first half. FAU is not a big team 1-4. If one of our two bigs needs a breather, the team will get by with a 4 guard lineup esp since Walton and Jones are big guards. Also playing Brown with Jaden, Cooper and Young at the same time is a recipe for disaster.
03-09-2024 02:16 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(03-09-2024 02:15 PM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  OP ... breathe. Our team is severely flawed. Jourdain and Brown couldn't do jack. Anyways, it was always gonna be AAC championship or bust.

The way this team plays defense, there is no way they are winning 4 games in 4 days. Just too inconsistent.
03-09-2024 02:17 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers

We may disagree on somethings but I’ll absofruitly 04-cheers to that sentiment.
03-09-2024 02:17 PM
tigerinstlouis Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-09-2024 12:43 PM)Alcalde2 Wrote:  This isnt the game to F around.

We had a lead and FAU shooting terrible. This IS NOT the game to play Brown significant minutes. Its 4 vs 5 with him in the game.

Then he puts in Cooper and Young in alongside him. THAT is the reason we spotted UAB a 22 point lead. Not even the 2008 team is good enough to overcome 22 down on the road at FAU this year.

He just never learns. I think Penny is a good coach in many facets of the game, but he uses his personnel worse than any coach in D1 history and its not even close

I hope you like Crow. You’ll have a plate full of it here soon.
03-09-2024 02:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.