Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The hate on Silverfield by many of you is hilarious
Bookmark and Share
Southaven Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The hate on Silverfield by many of you is hilarious
The team is 4-2 and has lost to two top 25 teams but half this board wants him fired.

I would imagine the bulk just became fans when we started winning with Fuente and don't know Memphis' football history.

Too bad you guys can't just enjoy the team for what they are. We didn't make the cut to move up to the big leagues. I hate that but it is what it is.
10-16-2023 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: The hate on Silverfield by many of you is hilarious
The issue is a bit more nuaned.
10-16-2023 11:23 AM
Southaven Offline
1st String

(10-16-2023 11:23 AM)fsquid Wrote:  The issue is a bit more nuaned.

If your panties are in a wad I am sure it is.
10-16-2023 11:31 AM
Unionman76 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
we have to score 35 points to have a chance to win a game
10-16-2023 11:50 AM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
(10-16-2023 11:21 AM)Southaven Wrote:  The team is 4-2 and has lost to two top 25 teams but half this board wants him fired.

Quite a few of those think Fuente is the second coming of Christ too, ignoring that he failed spectacularly after leaving. Going 5-6 and 6-7 in the regular season and finishing 1-5 in bowl games is apparently perfectly acceptable as long as it's Fuente, but 4-2 won't cut it in Memphis. The delusions are real.
10-16-2023 11:58 AM
bbqtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M always
We played fairly good ball in StL, and we had our chances against Tulane. As for CRS, he still has a long way to go, but the opportunity to prove himself lies ahead. Let's all agree to cheer our team over these next 6 (hopefully 7, +1) and we wind up
12-2. GTG!
10-16-2023 12:04 PM
Advertisement

msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(10-16-2023 12:04 PM)bbqtiger Wrote:  We played fairly good ball in StL, and we had our chances against Tulane. As for CRS, he still has a long way to go, but the opportunity to prove himself lies ahead. Let's all agree to cheer our team over these next 6 (hopefully 7, +1) and we wind up
12-2. GTG!

04-cheers
10-16-2023 12:05 PM
901yola Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The U of Memphis
The team is 4-2 and it isn't even about that. We're in a watered down conference and have allowed Tulane to pass us by just as SMU, Houston, Cincy, and UCF to pass us by.

Look at his losses the past few seasons and he isn't a good coach. Even the losses were bad. He does not make adjustments and is flat our boring football. You cannot accept mediocrity, especially in this watered down CUSA 2.0. Look at all the opportunities he's missed over and over again (Missouri, Tulane) just this season alone.

We accept them for what they are... boring. That's why season tickets are down...8-4 is not acceptable simply put. Yea we were right there with a 3rd year starter who has regressed and a garbage offensive line (even though the RS was a offensive line coach). He's constantly let us down and when we're up, he let's off the gas, doesn't adjust and we loose. Same recipe every season since he's been here. 21-10 and a 83% win probability and to loose that smh he's just mediocrity. Yes we've been spoiled with these past 2 coaches with high flying offense and coaches who could adjust, but if you want mediocrity and not to move past our past history of football then sure keep RS and not even try to be the best G5 with hopes of moving up.
10-16-2023 12:05 PM
2021 Tiger Football!! Offline
Special Teams

He was handed a Corvette and has turned it into an Impala.
10-16-2023 12:11 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(10-16-2023 12:05 PM)901yola Wrote:  The team is 4-2 and it isn't even about that. We're in a watered down conference and have allowed Tulane to pass us by just as SMU, Houston, Cincy, and UCF to pass us by.

Seems like you can't handle being a Tigers fan. Love the school or don't. It's not the fault of the school that we have factors going against us that we are not in control of. What could the school have done to prevent other programs from stealing our coaches? Do you think it's not a risk and a gamble when we have to replace a coach under duress and a time crunch?

Crying about unfortunate circumstances does absolutely nothing to improve the situation or our chances. The only thing that you'll accomplish by beating the program and school down is crapping on the parade for everyone else who loves the team. Do you just like being unhappy and outraged? If so, you're apparently in good company.

To put it into perspective, watered down or not, we lost two games to two top 25 programs. How anyone can spin that into a negative is beyond me.
10-16-2023 12:12 PM
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

Things are going to work themselves out. Any more than 1 loss in the rest of our regular season games and I’m all for moving on.

He’s 3-11 on the road. Our remaining road games will dictate whether he stays or goes
10-16-2023 12:14 PM
Advertisement

2021 Tiger Football!! Offline
Special Teams

(10-16-2023 12:12 PM)msu35 Wrote:  
(10-16-2023 12:05 PM)901yola Wrote:  The team is 4-2 and it isn't even about that. We're in a watered down conference and have allowed Tulane to pass us by just as SMU, Houston, Cincy, and UCF to pass us by.

Seems like you can't handle being a Tigers fan. Love the school or don't. It's not the fault of the school that we have factors going against us that we are not in control of. What could the school have done to prevent other programs from stealing our coaches? Do you think it's not a risk and a gamble when we have to replace a coach under duress and a time crunch?

Crying about unfortunate circumstances does absolutely nothing to improve the situation or our chances. The only thing that you'll accomplish by beating the program and school down is crapping on the parade for everyone else who loves the team. Do you just like being unhappy and outraged? If so, you're apparently in good company.

To put it into perspective, watered down or not, we lost two games to two top 25 programs. How anyone can spin that into a negative is beyond me.

I agree on mizzou game. Playing a sec team on the road and respectably is not bad. As for Tulane, Having a double digit lead in the second half at home in front of a pretty good crowd and letting it turn into a double digit loss is unfortunately RS’s calling card.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023 12:17 PM by 2021 Tiger Football!!.)
10-16-2023 12:15 PM
Southaven Offline
1st String

(10-16-2023 12:15 PM)2021 Tiger Football!! Wrote:  

I agree on mizzou game. Playing a sec team on the road and respectably is not bad. As for Tulane, Having a double digit lead in the second half at home in front of a pretty good crowd and letting it turn into a double digit loss is unfortunately RS’s calling card.

Tulane is the better team regardless. They proved it.
10-16-2023 12:18 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(10-16-2023 12:15 PM)2021 Tiger Football!! Wrote:  I agree on mizzou game. Playing a sec team on the road and respectably is not bad. Having a double digit lead in the second half at home in front of a pretty good crowd and letting it turn into a double digit loss is unfortunately RS’s calling card.

Tulane is #29 on the Massey Composite and Mizzou is #23. The Tigers are #48. Seems to me we did just fine, all things considered. Hard to win when you're out-manned against better players.
10-16-2023 12:20 PM
ballhog Offline
All American

(10-16-2023 12:20 PM)msu35 Wrote:  
(10-16-2023 12:15 PM)2021 Tiger Football!! Wrote:  I agree on mizzou game. Playing a sec team on the road and respectably is not bad. Having a double digit lead in the second half at home in front of a pretty good crowd and letting it turn into a double digit loss is unfortunately RS’s calling card.

Tulane is #29 on the Massey Composite and Mizzou is #23. The Tigers are #48. Seems to me we did just fine, all things considered. Hard to win when you're out-manned against better players.

Which creates the question: Why does Tulane outman us and have better players?
10-16-2023 12:26 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(10-16-2023 12:26 PM)ballhog Wrote:  
(10-16-2023 12:20 PM)msu35 Wrote:  

Which creates the question: Why does Tulane outman us and have better players?

Do I really have to explain to you that basketball gets the lion's share of NIL and support in this town? Ponder that.
10-16-2023 12:29 PM
Advertisement

901yola Offline
Water Engineer

Okay old head let me break it down for you Barney style. it seems that YOU are fine with mediocrity and accepting close losses due to lack of adjustments and coaching ability.

We younger tiger fans are not!! I'm not blaming the school for lack of factors against them because yes, unlike when the SEC told us to make improvements in the 1960s, we have. Now other factors such as media market, and academics seem to be the next hurdle to get over. So no im not blaming our leadership. I'm blaming the actual sport that makes conference expansion go around and that's football and how we have an ineptitude coach who can't make adjustments and get his head out his tail and win games we should have won.

Yea, I can turn it into a negative because old heads seem to be fine with losing games we should have won!! TF is your problem. People like you are the reason why we keep getting passed by. You're fine with mediocrity.
10-16-2023 12:33 PM
micman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GT
(10-16-2023 11:23 AM)fsquid Wrote:  The issue is a bit more nuaned.

Not that nuanced. Can't run; can't stop the run...can't win.
10-16-2023 12:34 PM
901yola Offline
Water Engineer

I can't agree with Tulane being the better team, but if that's the case that game still should have been won by us. Period!! he takes his foot off the gas, stops running the ball and cruises and looses the game. Same toilet same sh!t with RS. Yes close losses are an improvement compared to the overall past history of our program but we're not there anymore. We're living in the present and to accept mediocrity is BS.
10-16-2023 12:36 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(10-16-2023 12:33 PM)901yola Wrote:  Okay old head let me break it down for you Barney style. it seems that YOU are fine with mediocrity and accepting close losses due to lack of adjustments and coaching ability.

Set down the bong. It's rotting your brain. A lack of adjustments didn't lose the game. If you couldn't see the talent disparity, you weren't watching.

(10-16-2023 12:33 PM)901yola Wrote:  I'm blaming the actual sport that makes conference expansion go around and that's football and how we have an ineptitude coach who can't make adjustments and get his head out his tail and win games we should have won.

Ineptitude is not knowing that the word is spelled "inept." Nevertheless, you don't seem to have a clue if you can't see the talent disparities.

(10-16-2023 12:33 PM)901yola Wrote:  Yea, I can turn it into a negative because old heads seem to be fine with losing games we should have won!! TF is your problem. People like you are the reason why we keep getting passed by. You're fine with mediocrity.

You can do many things, but apparently formulating a coherent and valid point isn't among them.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023 12:43 PM by msu35.)
10-16-2023 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.