Open TigerLinks

Split from "Our ticket office sucks" thread
Bookmark and Share
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
Split from "Our ticket office sucks" thread
HornLakeTiger Wrote:I decided that I wanted to try to go ahead and purchase my tickets for game at Marshall, so I called up the TO, and asked them if road game tickets were on sale yet.

"Um...which one..?"

I reply, "The Marshall game.."

She says, "I dunno..let me go ask someone.."

She puts me on hold for about four seconds and comes back with.

"Not sure yet.."

And that was that. So just for the heck of it, I called Marshall's office to ask them if individual game tickets were on sale yet, and here's the reply I got.

"Not yet because we're still pushing our season tickets, but road game tickets are on sale."

That just struck me as kinda funny, but typical of our ticket office. Marshall is selling road game tickets, but if you try to buy Memphis road game tickets, all you hear is, "not sure yet..."

Wow!! Pretty strong stuff for a mod. Even everybody's favorite banned poster never publicly bashed our athletic department.

Edit: Split by SCC
07-10-2006 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisMike Offline
Just trying to keep you informed

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Re: Our ticket office sucks...have I mentioned that lately..
btiger Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:I decided that I wanted to try to go ahead and purchase my tickets for game at Marshall, so I called up the TO, and asked them if road game tickets were on sale yet.

"Um...which one..?"

"Not sure yet.."

And that was that. So just for the heck of it, I called Marshall's office to ask them if individual game tickets were on sale yet, and here's the reply I got.

"Not yet because we're still pushing our season tickets, but road game tickets are on sale."

That just struck me as kinda funny, but typical of our ticket office. Marshall is selling road game tickets, but if you try to buy Memphis road game tickets, all you hear is, "not sure yet..."

Wow!! Pretty strong stuff for a mod. Even everybody's favorite banned poster never publicly bashed our athletic department.

Nothing wrong with his comments, there have been many on here who have had problems with the ticket office with phone orders. I personally never do anything like that over the phone if I can help it. I go to the ticket office and handle everything face to face and I've never had any problems.

As far as a banned poster, just keep it up, I'm sure you're name is on the watch list and in my opinion, you should have been out of here long before that other person. Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.
07-10-2006 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UMTigerfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
MemphisMike Wrote:[

As far as a banned poster, just keep it up, I'm sure you're name is on the watch list and in my opinion, you should have been out of here long before that other person. Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.

i've been out..who was banned and why???
07-10-2006 01:23 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
UMTigerfan Wrote:
MemphisMike Wrote:[

i've been out..who was banned and why???

FUTee got into some trouble in the men's restroom at the University Center.
07-10-2006 01:35 PM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators

Request to the mods, on Sept. 17, can we exchange the current prisoner (who shall remain nameless) for btiger?
07-10-2006 01:38 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

Bill83 Wrote:Request to the mods, on Sept. 17, can we exchange the current prisoner (who shall remain nameless) for btiger?

I think his recent break-out attempt via the Tiger-Bay Ticket Exchange tacked on a few more years to his sentence. lmfao
07-10-2006 01:41 PM
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

Bill83 Wrote:Request to the mods, on Sept. 17, can we exchange the current prisoner (who shall remain nameless) for btiger?

You have an ignore button.....use it!!!
07-10-2006 01:50 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
MemphisMike Wrote:
btiger Wrote:

"Um...which one..?"

"Not sure yet.."

As far as a banned poster, just keep it up, I'm sure you're name is on the watch list and in my opinion, you should have been out of here long before that other person.

What is "the watch list"??? Fortunately, your opinion matters as much around here as it does in all your other endeavors.
07-10-2006 01:58 PM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

Donators

btiger Wrote:

You have an ignore button.....use it!!!

No way, it's too much fun watching for the FOS discourse you will opine with each posting.
07-10-2006 02:05 PM
MemphisMike Offline
Just trying to keep you informed

btiger Wrote:What is "the watch list"??? Fortunately, your opinion matters as much around here as it does in all your other endeavors.

I would have expected no less a low class response like that from you.
07-10-2006 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

[Image: BigBrother1984_sml.gif]
07-10-2006 02:27 PM
Advertisement

BrianJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

So when someone types the F_U_T, without the underscores, I get "Thank you mods!"?

Sigh.
07-10-2006 03:03 PM
TigerChick Offline
All American

I Root For:
[quote="MemphisMike Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.[/quote]

I wish more people would admit that.
07-10-2006 03:13 PM
uofmwalton Offline
Legen.....wait for it......dary.

I Root For: Memphis

Folding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
TigerChick Wrote:[quote="MemphisMike Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.

I wish more people would admit that.[/quote]

How many more feel that way? Personally, I don't.
07-10-2006 03:19 PM
SteveCConway Offline
Memphis Psycho, er, I mean Administrator

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

CrappiesFolding@NCAAbbs
TigerChick Wrote:[quote="MemphisMike Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.

He was warned over and over and over and over again to cool it with his problem causing. It wasn't just on mt.org it was on Blazer Talk and the CUSA boards.

Believe me I took a LOT of heat from not banning him from the CUSA problems. At some point you have to say enough is enough or having mods is pointless.

Like I've said before it's easy to mod when you are trying to protect from fans of your enemies but it's a lot harder when the enemies are within your own ranks. Sometimes it becomes necessary. This was one of those cases.

Many of you know me personally and know I don't take my duties here lightly. I have devoted over 5 years of my life to trying to have an outstanding site for our fans including getting in trouble at work for spending a lot of my day here and this is, unfortunately, the worst aspect of doing this.
07-10-2006 03:22 PM
TigerTwice Offline
Heisman

uofmwalton Wrote:
TigerChick Wrote:
"MemphisMike Wrote:Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.

If you started a poll & asked that question, would it be deleted? Doctored? Would anyone on here trust the results of such a poll?
07-10-2006 03:26 PM
Advertisement

TigerTwice Offline
Heisman

SCConway Wrote:He was warned over and over and over and over again to cool it with his problem causing. It wasn't just on mt.org it was on Blazer Talk and the CUSA boards.

Believe me I took a LOT of heat from not banning him from the CUSA problems. At some point you have to say enough is enough or having mods is pointless.

Like I've said before it's easy to mod when you are trying to protect from fans of your enemies but it's a lot harder when the enemies are within your own ranks. Sometimes it becomes necessary. This was one of those cases.

Many of you know me personally and know I don't take my duties here lightly. I have devoted over 5 years of my life to trying to have an outstanding site for our fans including getting in trouble at work for spending a lot of my day here and this is, unfortunately, the worst aspect of doing this.

How do we know that FUT posted any of those things at all? With the plethora of mods we have on this board, how do we know that someone with the authority to post as FUT, alter his posts, delete his posts, or otherwise modify them, didn't do just that?

If a mod has an axe to grind with a regular joe, how can we be sure the mod didn't frame the poster on here?

If a mod alters a post, is the mod's IP address recorded or is the IP address left with the original post?

Just curious.
07-10-2006 03:35 PM
Big Ol Pimp Offline
Twist It, Hit It, Light It

I Root For: MEMPHIS
DonatorsDonators
TigerTwice Wrote:
SCConway Wrote:He was warned over and over and over and over again to cool it with his problem causing. It wasn't just on mt.org it was on Blazer Talk and the CUSA boards.

How do we know that Thank you mods! posted any of those things at all? With the plethora of mods we have on this board, how do we know that someone with the authority to post as Thank you mods!, alter his posts, delete his posts, or otherwise modify them, didn't do just that?

If a mod has an axe to grind with a regular joe, how can we be sure the mod didn't frame the poster on here?

If a mod alters a post, is the mod's IP address recorded or is the IP address left with the original post?

Just curious.

What are you insinuating?
07-10-2006 03:37 PM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

Donators

SCC, I appreciate the job you do and other than a few personality conflicts (mod/poster) I have seen on the CUSA board, think the mods do a fine job.

My only thought process was that maybe after some extended period of time, he might have learned his lesson and deserve an umpteenth chance. (requires no response).

BTW, who the heck is DR. Z? It's not like there was a poster (or imposter)of that same name that became a mod like HLT.

04-bow
07-10-2006 03:38 PM
kpigout Offline
cyber-bbq king

Crappies
TigerTwice Wrote:
uofmwalton Wrote:
TigerChick Wrote:
"MemphisMike Wrote:Everyone knows I've had my problems with him myself but I do miss him not being on here and I hope the mods will reconsider or let him out on parole or something.

If you started a poll & asked that question, would it be deleted? Doctored? Would anyone on here trust the results of such a poll?

Who cares?
07-10-2006 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.