Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Dwash
Bookmark and Share
MattyG Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Dwash
Does anyone else think it would be better if Dwash did go pro? I for one hope he goes. I think we are a better team without him next year. He is not a PG and turns the ball over way too much. He has yet to show me any leadership quality and think he tries to force his own action way too much. We have enough scorers on the wings. I think with Willie and Andre we are set at PG for a few years.
;-)
04-04-2006 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
Re: Dwash
MattyG Wrote:Does anyone else think it would be better if Dwash did go pro? I for one hope he goes. I think we are a better team without him next year. He is not a PG and turns the ball over way too much. He has yet to show me any leadership quality and think he tries to force his own action way too much. We have enough scorers on the wings. I think with Willie and Andre we are set at PG for a few years.
;-)

Nice!
04-04-2006 09:46 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

i think there should be an IQ test administered before people are given posting priviliges here
04-04-2006 09:47 AM
egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!

The answer is very simple. NO.

You simply can not lose a talent like this and be better. It hurts depth and leadership. Washington is learning, and will be great next year.

Please stop making negative posts about our kids. I hate it.
04-04-2006 09:48 AM
MattyG Offline
Banned

I Root For:

egrizzard Wrote:The answer is very simple. NO.

You simply can not lose a talent like this and be better. It hurts depth and leadership. Washington is learning, and will be great next year.

Do you want me to stop making negative posts about our kids or do you want me to stop making posts about my opinion?
04-04-2006 09:53 AM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails

MattyG Wrote:
egrizzard Wrote:The answer is very simple. NO.

Do you want me to stop making negative posts about our kids or do you want me to stop making posts about my opinion?

Yes
04-04-2006 09:54 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Wow.

Five posts to the smack board. That was fast.
04-04-2006 10:04 AM
daddyodewy Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Put me in the ....NO.....camp. You can't have too many quality players and Darius certainly falls into that category in my opinion.
04-04-2006 10:15 AM
geauxtigers Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I agree that at times Darius does turn the ball over too much and have a difficult time getting our team into its offense, but at the same time he has single handedly taken over quite a few games in his 2 year career at Memphis. I don't see why so many people are saying they hope he turns pro so that we can look to Andre Allen and Willie Kemp. Don't get me wrong, I am very optimistic about the future of AA and WK, but I don't think the Tiger Nation should be so quick to say "good riddance" to DWash so fast.

Look at the strides Antonio Burks made from his sophomore year until his senior year. He was not even playing D1 basketball and in three years he was Player of the Year in one of the best conferences in the country. Hard work and self-confidence is what got him there, and I don't think anyone will argue that DWash doesn't have both of those traits.
04-04-2006 10:20 AM
TigerChick Offline
All American

I Root For:

tigerjeb Wrote:i think there should be an IQ test administered before people are given posting priviliges here

That would eliminate most of the posters here!!!
04-04-2006 10:25 AM
MemphisKitten Offline
The Kitten

I Root For: Tigers & Jeter

TigerChick Wrote:
tigerjeb Wrote:i think there should be an IQ test administered before people are given posting priviliges here

It would definitely be very quiet.
04-04-2006 10:32 AM
Advertisement

egrizzard Offline
What?

I don't have a problem with your opinion, but I do take exception to saying stuff about the kids. "he forces his own action" alone is not too bad. But, to couple that with "we would be better without him" smacks of negative talk about the kid.
04-04-2006 10:47 AM
marktheapostle Offline
Blessed

I Root For: Memphis

TigerChick Wrote:

Who is smart enough around here to "administer" an IQ test? 01-wingedeagle
04-04-2006 12:52 PM
Da_Hit_Dogg Offline
1st String

I Root For:

It's an internet message board, feel free to express your negative opinion about anyone. I for one find it laughable that the mods actually move posts that are perceived to be negative to another thread. There is a lot of good info on this board, but it also has the biggest bunch of pollyanna homers I've ever seen. To simply assume that the Tigers and each player is the greatest whatever, whenever is just ignorant. I like to hear other peoples' differing opinions regardless of their negativity.

That said, I hope D-Wash comes back. He is a good scorer and if Shawn goes we don't have a lot of scorers coming back. I agree that D-Wash is a terrible distributor, but he's still a valuable player.
04-07-2006 01:38 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

Da_Hit_Dogg Wrote:It's an internet message board, feel free to express your negative opinion about anyone. I for one find it laughable that the mods actually move posts that are perceived to be negative to another thread. There is a lot of good info on this board, but it also has the biggest bunch of pollyanna homers I've ever seen. To simply assume that the Tigers and each player is the greatest whatever, whenever is just ignorant. I like to hear other peoples' differing opinions regardless of their negativity.

That said, I hope D-Wash comes back. He is a good scorer and if Shawn goes we don't have a lot of scorers coming back. I agree that D-Wash is a terrible distributor, but he's still a valuable player.

Posts are moved when they are obviously incredibly stupid. If it is your opinion that it's safe to jump off the Empire State Building you are entitled to your opinion but you are obviously stupid.

Some people crusade for allowing people to have their opinion because they're too stupid to tell the difference. If the shoe fits...
04-07-2006 09:12 PM
egrizzard Offline
What?

I have no problem with anyones opinion, and it is mine that I will defend our players.

They are out there, trying their hardest, and to "hope one leaves" is mean spirited and ignorant.
04-08-2006 08:52 AM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

No doubt there are a plethora of internet lawyers quick to defend the most inane of postings.

But it is true - this is America, and people have a right to post whatever opinion they opt to express.

Embrace diversity in ALL of its forms - including thought and opinion!

It is my opinion Matty G is a complete and total *******. No reasonable individual who claims to be a TIGER fan would want to see Darius Washington leave the team. To try and actually sell the concept MEMPHIS would "be a better team without him" is mindboggingly stupid.

DUMB@SS!
04-09-2006 11:18 AM
MattyG Offline
Banned

I Root For:

boss man Wrote:No doubt there are a plethora of internet lawyers quick to defend the most inane of postings.

But it is true - this is America, and people have a right to post whatever opinion they opt to express.

It is my opinion Matty G is a complete and total *******. No reasonable individual who claims to be a TIGER fan would want to see Darius Washington leave the team. To try and actually sell the concept MEMPHIS would "be a better team without him" is mindboggingly stupid.

DUMB@SS!

Ill tell you what is mindboggingly (not really a word smart guy) stupid. You disagreed with me but you said nothign about why. I dont claim to be a Tiger fan, I AM a Tiger fan. If you dont think that Darius digressed from last year then you are not smart. Darius Washington is a good college basketball player, but he is not a good point guard for our team. I agree he is talented and score the ball with the best of them, but given our roster for next year, I think he would not be missed. His defense has been atrocious for 2 years now and he is very selfish in my opinion. Next time you disagree with someone, why not give a reason why you are disagreeing.
04-10-2006 01:45 PM
MattyG Offline
Banned

I Root For:

boss man Wrote:No doubt there are a plethora of internet lawyers quick to defend the most inane of postings.

DUMB@SS!

Ill tell you what is mindboggingly (not really a word smart guy) stupid. You disagreed with me but you said nothign about why. I dont claim to be a Tiger fan, I AM a Tiger fan. If you dont think that Darius digressed from last year then you are not smart. Darius Washington is a good college basketball player, but he is not a good point guard for our team. I agree he is talented and score the ball with the best of them, but given our roster for next year, I think he would not be missed. His defense has been atrocious for 2 years now and he is very selfish in my opinion. Next time you disagree with someone, why not give a reason why you are disagreeing.
04-10-2006 01:46 PM
tigsstereds Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Mighty Memphis

HOW MANY TIMES THIS YEAR DID DWASH TAKE OVER DOWN THE
STRETCH AND GET US WINS? ANSWER:SEVERAL
HE DIDN'T PLAY AS GOOD AS HE CAN OR WILL, REGARDLESS THE
GUY IS A PLAYER. LINGERING THIGH BRUISE COME TO MIND.
THERE IS NO TEAM IN THE COUNTRY THAT WOULDN'T BE BETTER
WITH HIM ON THEIR ROSTER!
04-10-2006 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.