Water Engineer

I Root For:

Not really, your our "Biatch," look at the overall record. 03-nutkick
08-07-2005 06:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers

OleMissRebel Wrote:Not really, your our "Biatch," look at the overall record. 03-nutkick
Throw that out the window fool. It's a new era in Tiger football and you most definetly are out biyatch!!! bwahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha 3 in a row is going to be sweet. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
08-07-2005 06:37 PM
yakko Offline
More than meets the eye!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGDonators

OleMissRebel Wrote:Not really, your our "Biatch," look at the overall record. 03-nutkick
another fine product of the oxford educational system.

your - possessive of you. "your car"
you're - contraction of you are. "you're our biatch"
08-07-2005 07:31 PM
UM_REBELS Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Grammar smack........first sign that a poster doesn't have a logical comeback.

Quote:It's a new era in Tiger football and you most definetly are out biyatch

Memphis won 3 in a row in 73, 74, and 76. Was that a new era too? Cause Ole Miss went on to win the next 6 in a row and the next 13 out of 16. Oh and one of those non-rebel victories was a tie. New era my ass. Pffft.
08-07-2005 08:11 PM
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

UM_REBELS Wrote:my ass. Pffft.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
08-07-2005 09:31 PM
Advertisement

RuntKiller Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Overall Record??? Who gives a dammn about what Mississippi did back in the good ole days??? That's why I said Mississippi has BECOME the Tigers biatch.
08-08-2005 12:07 AM
NTMB Offline
No quarter asked and none given.

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Donators

RuntKiller Wrote:Overall Record??? Who gives a dammn about what Mississippi did back in the good ole days??? That's why I said Mississippi has BECOME the Tigers biatch.
Here we go again... they've distorted their past again.

Just a reminder Runts....

[Image: OleMissTradition.png]
08-08-2005 01:22 AM
UM_REBELS Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Again, it truly astounds me when a Memphis fan calls Mississippi racist. Remind me again....where was Martin Luther King murdered?
08-08-2005 11:07 AM
BengalBurger Offline
with cheese!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

james earl ray was from missouri.

he escaped from a missouri prison. he would have shot MLK, Jr. in Pontotoc, if that's where he was at the time.

there was not a "memphis conspiracy" to murder Dr. King.

one shot, lone gunman, nutcase.

give it a rest.
08-08-2005 11:24 AM
UM_REBELS Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yeah, and Elvis was from Mississippi, but he's associated with Memphis.
08-08-2005 11:31 AM
Advertisement

BengalBurger Offline
with cheese!

UM_REBELS Wrote:Yeah, and Elvis was from Mississippi, but he's associated with Memphis.
elvis moved to memphis to become something great.

j.e.r. showed up to commit a crime and left again, a location of convenience versus a location of choice.

no comparison.
08-08-2005 11:41 AM
RebelBanker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

This is a poor topic for discussion, but while we are at it I will drop in my 2 cents.

I agree with BJ McVay. The assasination of MLK in Memphis was a chance occurence.

On the other hand, creating a park to honor Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, moving his body there, and entombimg it with a giant bronze statue. Thats just questionable judgement. Mississippi doesn't even have the balls to pull that one off!

Also... Leave the parks alone!
08-08-2005 11:51 AM
UM_REBELS Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

True, it's just funny to me when a Memphis fan calls us racist. When did Memphis move to the northeast? They are exactly as guilty of racism as anyone in the south. Stupid argument though.
08-08-2005 12:38 PM
RebelBanker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I'm no bigot, but no one is perfect. Any issues I have with minorities stems from a 3 year stretch from 1992 to 1994 when I lived in Hickory Hill. My time in the state of Mississippi did not, in any way, change my views on said minorities. If anything, the University of Mississippi taught me to appreciate our diversity.

Everyone knows about the state of Mississippi 's racially charged past. I am convinced that those ideas have been expunged, and that the state is/has done incredibly well to change its image. The only problem is that it doesn't matter what they do, as long as there are people (like some on this board) that refuse to accept the new Mississippi. It may be poor, but its not racist (any more than any other state in the South... i.e. AL, TN, AR, KY, GA, SC, etc...)

For me it was just a school... a school that I am proud that I attended. Please don't carry on with these types of demeaning comments. It offends me, and it should offend you. Its just not what we're here for.
08-08-2005 01:05 PM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

RebelBanker Wrote:This is a poor topic for discussion, but while we are at it I will drop in my 2 cents.

I agree with BJ McVay. The assasination of MLK in Memphis was a chance occurence.

On the other hand, creating a park to honor Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, moving his body there, and entombimg it with a giant bronze statue. Thats just questionable judgement. Mississippi doesn't even have the balls to pull that one off!

Also... Leave the parks alone!
No one (especially of southern heritage) has any right to cast aspersions toward another community's past racial discord. It was, and unfortuately still is, very prevelant. Racism takes on many different guises, exists virtually everywhere, and it's abhorrent.

So, how's that new mascot search coming along?
08-08-2005 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BengalBurger Offline
with cheese!

personally, i wouldn't care if they called them all willy wonka park, as long as they funded the dang park comission to actually keep them nice, and servicable. NBF could be so terrific with just a little effort.

can't even play a decent game of softball round here . . .

as for the parks along the river, call them whatever, just don't give them away to be developed. i like the oppurtunity to stroll along the river in some open space.

i just don't know what i'll do when that fence that zerogeron is building, goes up around that area.

will i still be able to walk from a riverboat ride down to beale street? or will that be fenced off? seems like zero might want to keep his FB players out of that area. i bet that's what the fence is for.
08-08-2005 01:23 PM
Derby Offline
tigris rex

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsSkunkworksCrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

UM_REBELS Wrote:When did Memphis move to the northeast?
Memphis didn't, but I did. Believe me, people up here are just as guilty of racism. It's everywhere and it's just as disgusting.
08-08-2005 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigertate Offline
1st String

RebelBanker Wrote:I'm no bigot, but no one is perfect. Any issues I have with minorities stems from a 3 year stretch from 1992 to 1994 when I lived in Hickory Hill. My time in the state of Mississippi did not, in any way, change my views on said minorities. If anything, the University of Mississippi taught me to appreciate our diversity.

Everyone knows about the state of Mississippi 's racially charged past. I am convinced that those ideas have been expunged, and that the state is/has done incredibly well to change its image. The only problem is that it doesn't matter what they do, as long as there are people (like some on this board) that refuse to accept the new Mississippi. It may be poor, but its not racist (any more than any other state in the South... i.e. AL, TN, AR, KY, GA, SC, etc...)

For me it was just a school... a school that I am proud that I attended. Please don't carry on with these types of demeaning comments. It offends me, and it should offend you. Its just not what we're here for.
Hickory Hill was still mostly white in 92-94, I know I was there. What kinds of problems did you have there?
08-08-2005 01:47 PM
RebelBanker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

tigertate Wrote:Hickory Hill was still mostly white in 92-94, I know I was there. What kinds of problems did you have there?
You are absolutely correct.... "Mostly." We lived in Barkshire which is situated on the corner of Holmes and Ross. My mother and stepfather built a home there in the late eighties. It wasn't until 1992 that I moved there. With each passing year, there were less and less people of my color. When I bacame a target of reverse racism, we ran. I left behind a lot of friends that just so happened to be African American, but it was worth it to get away from the gangs, guns, and drugs at Kirby. My parents wanted out so bad that they moved before they even put the home on the market. It took one and a half years to sell that house and they still got less than what they had paid for it. Its a shame.
08-08-2005 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.